Please remove the nospam bit before using this address.
(It is put there to confuse spammers, whose machines
automatically scan websites to find new recipients.)
Direct Democracy Campaign
DDC is one of many groups campaigning for Direct Democracy around the world. A list of some of the more interesting sites both for Direct democracy, and for electronic democracy follows. The list is short, because these sites themselves provide links to many others.
(Unfortunately web site addresses are sometimes changed or abandoned with no forwarding links. Consequently we have decided to give the names of the various groups rather than their web addresses, as use of a search engine is often a more efficient way of finding them.)
1. C2D The research and Documentation Centre on Direct Democracy of the
. Lots of multilingual information on all sorts of referendums worldwide. The best starting point for further research. Universityof Geneva
2. The Network for Direct Democracy Initiatives in
Europe(NDDIE) This group is a relatively new but well motivated coordinating body which seeks to provide mutual help between like - minded European DD groups.
in the Auburn University . A major site on electronic democracy. A large quantity of material, projects, and documents; and a web of web pages. USA
4. The Continuing International Congress on Direct Democracy. Details on international cooperation between groups interested in promoting the cause of Direct Democracy following on from a conference held in the
in August 1998. Includes a long list of contacts worldwide. Can also be accessed via the previous site. Czech Republic
5. Canadians for Direct Democracy. Lots of good arguments for Direct Democracy, together with details of campaigning experiences, and the text of an excellent article by Brian Beedham in 'The Economist' magazine setting out the arguments for DD in great detail.
6. Government by the People.
based organisation advocating citizens initiatives and electronic voting. USA
7. Direct Democracy Journal. For a listing of all current initiatives in direct democracy in the
8. Campaign for Digital Democracy. The
based electronic voting lobby group. California
'Let the people decide..............'